Sunday, September 19, 2010

Audition Craziness

September 6th, 2010

Fall 2010 semester began with a bang.  First, I tried out for the BYU Philharmonic on the first day of school.  Happily, I made it in.
  I'm sitting 6th stand 1st violins.  And . . we're going to have a great year.  Our repertoire will include classics such as Gustav Host's "The Planets", Dvorak's "New World Symphony", Prokofiev's "Cinderella" ballet, Debussy's "Iberia" and many others.
BUT . . . .
I didn't stop with the BYU Philharmonic.  About a week after I tried out for the Philharmonic, I tried out for the BYU Chamber orchestra, which was more competitive.  After all, in April of 2011, they are going on tour to . . . .
  CHINA!
Being very nervous, I tried out, and luckily . . . . I made it!!!!
It sounds wonderful, but after one week of being in two orchestras, I've learned that . . . 
 8 Hours of Orchestra Rehearsal a Week . . . .
 
 can be absoultely exhausting!!!
 

1 comment:

  1. I never thought about how much rehearsal that really is! I love the cartoon picture you put at the end of the entry--that says it all!

    ReplyDelete