Many times I forget how blessed I am to have wonderful people in my life. I've had some moments in the last two weeks where I've been so tired and overwhelmed with
SCHOOL
PART-TIME WORK
and
A LACK OF MONEY
that I forget about having a social life. When the weekends come I will often forget to schedule things to do. I remember the days when I was going on dates with a variety of girls, but lately I've struggled with the idea. Ever since my bad experience in my last relationship, I find myself
SCARED OF DATING
I'm afraid of the risks of giving my all to a relationship, because the last time I did, I was dumped by the girl left feeling like a fool for trying. I felt like what I thought were my best qualities ruined my relationship. I know that it has a lot to do with the fact that the last girl wasn't the right one and I know other people have had it much worse and I shouldn't complain.
But . . . right now, this is my blog and I'm venting.
In my dating history, I've noticed that all the girls think I'm a great guy and make a great friend, but I've hardly ever had a girl that I really liked, who really liked me in return.
I often wonder if I have something wrong with me. Am I abnormal?
Umm . . . if you are reading this . . . don't answer that.
I know I need patience and that I need faith that it will work out, but it's just plain hard for me right now. The other day I was telling myself to think hard of someone I wanted to take out. So, I thought of someone, but . . I found out that she was dating someone else. Truthfully, I am tired of taking the initiative. I almost wish a girl would just come up to me and tell me if she's interested in me. Then, at least I'd feel a little better and I could easily choose who I should ask out. I hate playing this dating game.
Don't mistake me . . . I want to get married. I want to have an eternal family, but the path getting there seems so impossible right now..
Whoever is reading this, I hope you aren't worried about me. I'm just saying how I feel.
I'm a sensitive guy. I'm not the typical male. I love the arts and have chosen a way of life that won't be full of wealth, and will be more spontaneous. I don't get that into Sports like most guys. I'm more open than most guys, but suppress a lot of it, because it seems to annoy people or make them feel uncomfortable when I'm open with them. I'm so motivated in what I do that I often choose not to go do lots of frivolous activities with people. Sometimes, I do, but I put school as a top priority.
Now, I've accepted these things, but they've gotten to me lately, and I'm questioning who I am and whether girls really want that.
I go to reunions or family get togethers where I see people who are happily married and have children. As much as this is joyful for me to see, I wonder, will that ever happen to me? Well . . . who knows? I know I'm only 23 and that I should start worrying more when I'm 40 and not married, but I can't help it. These thoughts have definitely been there.
At least
There's one thing I will always have . . . A great family. - that's irreplaceable.






Jared, the dating game is really hard and can be down right cruel sometimes. You are right, don't fret too much. I do think that focusing on school is important, but hanging out with people can be important too. So, make it a priority now and then too. Remember, most people meet their eternal companion just by living life. I think your doing an awesome job at living your own life and therefore, that girl will come someday. We love you!
ReplyDeleteOh Jared, I so remember having many times I felt just as you do right now. I think it is a part of the dating cycle, the discouragement period before getting up and trying again. It is just fine to feel this way, let it all out, be honest about it, and you'll be ready when an interest comes along again.
ReplyDeleteDon't change yourself or doubt yourself because of one girl, I don't think Camille would have wanted you to be any different. I think she liked who you were, but was trying to be honest that she didn't have the same romantic feelings you did. I think she still admired all you were.
That is the great thing you have to look forward to. The right person will love all of you, even if they sometimes get frustrated with you at times. I know you'll find her, as we heard Michael Buble say in the song tonight, "I Just Haven't Met You Yet..." I feel the optimism in that song carries a little light of hope for all in your situation. Love you Jared--after feeling low for a bit, I hope you see some light at the end of the tunnel.