Thursday, November 8, 2012

My First Orchestra Concert at FSU

September 21st, 2012

One of my favorite parts of Florida State University is the University Symphony Orchestra.  Directed by Dr. Alexander Jimenez, the orchestra consists of Doctoral, Master's, and upperclassmen Undergrad students.  One of the things I love the most about this orchestra is that it is quite professionally run and the orchestra members are rotated around for every concert so that there's not the feeling that any musician is better than the other.

For our first concert we played Beethoven's 3rd Symphony "Eroica" along with a new piece  composed by a local violinist and a Debussy Rhapsody performed by a Doctoral Clarinet student.  Here's the poster from the concert:


What made the concert even better was the support of people from my ward.  Here are some pictures they took from the evening:









As you can see, we had a great time!  And I think they really enjoyed the concert.  And it made me feel so loved knowing that even though I have no family close by, there are still people here to love and support me!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you had such a great experience. It sounds like the move down there was the right choice. Wish I could come see it right now! Maybe sometime in the future:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish we could hear you play! Sounds like things are going great!

    ReplyDelete