Sunday, February 20, 2011

Valentine's Day with my Nephew, Neal

Many times when Valentine's Day comes it's easy for my to be sad and be reminded of how SINGLE I am.  In my whole life, I've only had one Valentine's Day where I had a girlfriend.

Well . . . this Valentine's Day was made special, because I got to babysit my nephew, Neal!!!!


Alena and Mike came down to Provo and went to a Dinner/Concert performance of my friend, Amy Norton's choir.  Well, this is one of the only times that they have come down and I have been free to babysit. So, I got the awesome opportunity.  

Well . .. . I'll tell ya.  Neal had a blast!  All my roommates got involved in the babysitting process along with my Family Home Evening group along with other friends.

Neal seemed to really bond with one of my roommates named Boomer (his real name is Braden, but he has had the nickname Boomer since he was a child).  Boomer said that it was a great opportunity to play with someone more at his maturity level :).
Here they are.  Neal kept falling off the couch so that Boomer could catch him.  It was hilarious.  I just hope that Neal gives his daddy warning if he ever wants to do that at home.

Also, Boomer and Neal just went crazy at some moments.  Watch this video and you'll see.

Not too much later after this experience . . . Boomer's girlfriend and other friends came over and they had fund with him also.  My roommate, Collin in the second video got involved too.  These videos give a little glimpse of what they did.


By the time the evening was over, Neal was as giddy as ever.  My roommates still talk about the experience and keep saying how we should have Neal over more often.  They were really impressed with how well-behaved he was and how easily he warmed up to people.  That is definitely a reflection of his wonderful parents.  Alena and Mike, I hope you know how well you are doing as parents.  Parenting is the hardest job in the world and I can see that it is really paying off.  
Bring over Neal anytime you want!!  We will love to have him.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you two had so much fun and that your college friends were cool about having him there. It could have totally gone the other way. You're a great bro to watch him for Alena. Maybe you can watch my kids next time your down:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jared I loved the viedos! I wish I could make Neal laugh that hard more often. He really loved being with new people who are creative and come up with new experiences for him. Thanks for thinking our son is so great, and THANK YOU SO MUCH for watching him and wanting to do it again. You are so great!

    ReplyDelete