Saturday, October 27, 2012

Discovering the Campus of Florida State University

After 5 years at a private LDS university I was curious to see what Florida State was going to be like.  On first glance, it was quite different.  Most of the buildings are old-style red brick buildings under the cover of the trees of the Applalache forest as opposed to the open campus of BYU under the rocky mountains.  Here are some pictures I took of the main campus:

In front of the Strozier Library (the main FSU campus library)




FSU is a gigantic campus that takes about 20-25 minutes to walk across and it just happens that the LDS church I attend is on the opposite edge of campus from the music buildings.  I have done the walk and it is quite the trek.

Talking about the music buildings.  FSU has four music buildings:

THE HOUSEWRIGHT BUILDING


THE KUERSTEINER BUILDING



THE LONGMIRE BUILDING


THE WESCOTT BUILDING
(my favorite building)
with
Ruby Diamond Hall 
(where we have our big orchestra concerts)

FSU has a big music school and therefore needs the facilities to house it and I feel like it adequately does that.  When I tried out at FSU I was very impressed with the Wescott Building and the concert hall inside it that I would have the opportunity to perform in.  It's a wonderful venue.

No comments:

Post a Comment