Monday, July 12, 2010

My First Week at EFY 2010 Provo!

This was my first week at EFY (Especially for Youth) from June 21st to June 26th.  The EFY program is a Mormon church camp that helps the youth of the church realize they can have a whole lot of fun while keeping their standards and following the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  Even though I had been an EFY counselor before, I was a little apprehensive about my first week . . . .but, after the first few minutes of the first week I realized that I was in the right place.  I absolutely love EFY.  It is one of the most rewarding jobs a single person can have. 

Here are my six boys with ages ages range from 16 to 17 years old.  Their names from left to right are: Michael Parra, Sam Gines, Logan Johnson, Dayne Johnson, Aaron Potter, and Jacob Ralph.  They were such a joy to hang out with and share this spiritual, but exhilarating week with.  Can't you just imagine them all with white shirts and ties out around the world serving the Lord as missionaries?  I'll never forget Dayne's testimony when he said that he would serve a mission.  Gosh, I love the gospel.
Here is my whole company of wonderful daughters of God and awesome future missionaries.  The EFY theme this year was "Courage to Stand Strong" referring the scripture, Joshua 1:9 where is states: "Have I not commanded thee.  Be strong and of courage, neither be thou dismayed, for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest."  When I see this picture all I can think of is "In your face Satan.  We will stand strong no matter what!"  Side note: My co-counselor's name was Nicole Wait and my youth naturally thought she was my crush of the week.
Here is a bit more normal picture of them.
Our company name for the week was "Cannot Be Controlled" and here is the banner that they all made at Games Night.  Honestly, I wanted to adopt all 16 of these youth and take them home with me.  I loved them that much!

No comments:

Post a Comment