Going into my fourth week of EFY after a week off I had a lot more energy and was ready to put my all into the week ahead. By the end of the week, I could honestly say that this week as an EFY counselor was one of my best in the summer. My group was the 14-15 year old kids. I had an incredible group of boys.
Here's my boys. All 12 of them! Their names are as follows starting from back left to right in the left picture: Brandon McCown, Travis Cooper, DJ Passey, Bryce Oliver, Zach McNaughtan, Jacob Brown, and Mitchell. From front left to right: Glade Shakespeare, Travin Lomeli, Tyson, and Joey Gary. From the two pictures you can tell that they can be good, nice, spiritual priesthood holders, but also they can be insane.
On the left and right are the two groups of girls that were in my company meaning I had two girl co-counselors this week. The counselor on the left is Alyse Moore and the counselor on the right is Celeste Ghormley. A little random note is that Celeste is roomates with my cousin, Amber Bruderer, at college.
Our company's name was "Anxiously Engaged" and we had a whole lot of fun with it especially at Games Night. We ended up getting in the finalists for both the banner and the cheer. It was awesome. I was so proud!
Of all the boys I've had I must say that these boys were the most hopeless romantics I've ever had. Let's just say their hormones were raging all week. On pizza night when I was looking the other way they went to the balcony of the girl's apartment complex and started singing to them with guitar accompaniment. The girls loved it. Of course, the only disadvantage to having such hopeless romantic boys was that they tried to set me up with my co-counselors from day one on. I was flattered.
This week at EFY, my cousin, Amber Bruderer, was one of the building counselors and these two boys in the picture above, Mitch and Zach, were in love with her and had dreams of marrying her someday. Just one problem though . . . . their 15 and she's 21. I told them they could consider it after their mission when they are 21 and she's 27. If she's not married then, they might as well date her.
(he happened to be in my
company last year)
On the Right: Brandon McCown, Travin Lomeli, and I
(I ran into Brandon at Temple
Square yesterday.)
On the left: (Christian Murdock and I. He gave an amazing testimony at
testimony meeting.)
On the right: Travis Cooper and I. (He loved to play the drums and was so loving).
testimony meeting.)
On the right: Travis Cooper and I. (He loved to play the drums and was so loving).
On the left: This is Glade Shakespeare. (So many girls thought his last name was so dreamy. He's wearing a random piece of cloth from our service project on his head.)On the right: Tyson, Jacob, and I. (They are both cousins. Tyson had absolutely no fear of anything and Jake was an example of someone who had such a good heart.

On the right: DJ Passey, Joey Gary, and I. These guys were both from New York and were incredible. I felt like I really related with them, because I grew up in a place where the church isn't very strong. Joey said he would marry my cousin, Amber, just so he could be related to me. Touching, isn't it?
Well, it was a wonderful week and I am glad I worked with such amazing boys. I wanted to take them home especially this week and adopt them and keep them as my own, but sadly it doesn't work out that way.














No comments:
Post a Comment