Sunday, April 10, 2011

April 2011 General Conference Traveling Extravaganza

General Conference was a wonderful time filled with a variety of experiences including some quality time with 
                ME                                                               and                                     MY TOYOTA CAMRY

BUT . . . . those 3 and a half hours of quality time with my car made it possible for me to have some wonderful experiences. . . .




SUCH AS . .. . . . . . . . . . .  

Friday Night
MIKE'S GAME RELEASE PARTY
My brother-in-law, Mike after many years of patience and hard work finally was able to have a game that he personally created released into game stores.  As you can see from the picture above, the game is called, "Heavens of Olympus".  
After my mission, I got the opportunity to play the beta version of Mike's game and I remember really liking it.
A cool picture I found on-line of Mike and his game
Well, two years later, I feel very privileged to be a the game release party where I got to play the game two times!  I admit I'm very impressed with the game's design and composition.  Being a composer a music, I can appreciate the time it takes to put together a work of art like this.  Here's a few pictures of the set-up.


To make the game release part even better, my sister, Alena made some fantastic cookies.
I wish I had taken pictures, because they were . . . . . . HEAVEN.

Next stop in my traveling extravaganza . . . . . 
SATURDAY AFTERNOON
GENERAL CONFERENCE SESSION

I had the opportunity to attend the Saturday Afternoon session of conference with my roommates and other friends and we had great seats.  There's nothing like spending an afternoon with the general authorities and a wonderful choir from BYU Idaho.
Here's a picture of a few of the people I went with in the Conference Center:

That evening in Priesthood Session, the prophet really laid it down for us single guys.  It was a good reminded for me that I need to be more motivated in the world of dating.  So, I've been going on more dates since then and I'm hoping to be more social and meet new people in the next little while.

The Last stop in my traveling extravaganza was. . . .
SUNDAY MORNING AT
JONATHAN AND ERICA'S FOR GENERAL CONFERENCE AND AN AMAZING BREAKFAST

I loved spending time with the family and I was able to officially meet Misha's boyfriend, Aaron.  He's a nice guy and he seems to be good with kids.  Here's a picture of him, Misha, and Evan.

Probably the best highlight of the day was when Evan asked his Daddy during the Sunday afternoon session if he could sit with me.  He came right over and sat in my arms.  It made my heart melt.  I know that Erica took a picture of it.  So, hopefully she'll post it on her blog, but it just made me think how much I would love to get married and be a father.  I know very well that being a father is filled with many difficult moments and having experiences like I did with Evan don't happen every day, but I would go through all the trials of having a kid just to have moments like those.

So . . . . President Monson . . . . I don't know when it will happen or if it will be a few years or a few months, but I will make marriage more of a priority in my life.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed the weekend even if it was a lot more driving and stress than you wanted. Thanks again for coming--really it was fabulous to have family for Mike's big night.

    ReplyDelete